It’s Friday! Before you clock out early to start your weekend, check out these 7 things, courtesy of Inc., that you can do right now to make your Monday the best it can be.
1. Set up some exciting contacts and give yourself something to look forward to.
2. Organize the upcoming week. Plan out as much as you can so you can have a truly relaxing weekend.
3. Get one thing off your desk. Choose one of your ongoing projects and commit to getting it done before you leave for the day.
4. Shake up your routine. Make a list of what you normally do during a Monday and then right down what you will do instead – something like instead of chatting about the weekend over morning coffee with co-workers, you will save that conversation for lunch.
5. Work on your future. Do you know where you want to be in five years? Make some notes right now, and take them with you to consider over the weekend.
6. Surprise yourself by hiding a small treat in your desk drawer or file cabinet that way you have something to look forward to when you return on Monday.
7. End the week on a high by planning to show someone your appreciation. That person can be anyone in your office who has been extremely helpful this week or done great work on a big project. Plan a nice thank you note for them or buy them a coffee on Monday morning – it will help you start the week off on a positive note.
To read the full article, click here.