Whether you are looking for inspiration or an escape, movies can be a great distraction for the busy entrepreneur. Here’s a list from Entrepreneur of 10 movies every business owner should watch:
- The Social Network. In a film from 2010, find out how Mark Zuckerberg built his empire, now known as Facebook. This movie, although slightly overdramatized, As entertaining as it is inspirational, this film will have you off the couch and starting your business before you’ve even finish the movie.
- Glengarry Glen Ross. The business world is not a place for children and this movie shows how competitive it really is. With constant betrayal and lies, this movie will prepare you for any battles you’ll have to face as a business owner.
- Pirates of Silicon Valley. This film, from 1992, covers the evolution of technology, including both the stories of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. Learn from the legends and take a look at this classic film.
- Citizen Kane. Orson Welles’ 1941 masterpiece explores the story of a newspaper tycoon and his quest for fortune and power. It focuses more than on just business though, and shows people what’s really important in life.
- The Pursuit of Happyness. Based on a true story, this 2006 film not only brings out the emotional perspective of a hardworking entrepreneur, but also a lesson in following one’s dream and never giving up.
- Moneyball. Based on the true story of Billy Beane of the Oakland A’s, Moneyball is a film that shows a young entrepreneur that there is always have a fighting chance, even if you don’t have the capital of a multi-billioniare tycoon. Quite literally, Beane finds a way to get a run for his money and take his ingenuity to the big leagues.
- Rocky. There’s no better underdog tale than that of Rocky Balboa taking down heavyweight boxing champion Apollo Creed- or does he? Get inspiration to do the same with your business and watch this classic, must-see film.
- Wall Street. In this 1987 film, money never sleeps. Gordon Gekko, a successful businessman, inspires a young Bud Fox to learn exactly that. Unfortunately, he has to learn it the hard way after introduced to the thought that “greed is good” and finds himself in a bit of trouble.
- Jerry Maguire. SHOW! ME! THE! MONEY! Jerry Maguire , in this 1996 classic film, finds himself begging for clients after falling off the throne of being one of the top sports agents of his time. No other film will teach you to focus on the client more than this one. It’s not always about the money, so watch this film to avoid falling down the same path.
- Office Space. This 1999 film puts you in the shoes of the routined, 9-to-5 cubicle worker who eventually says, “No more!” Peter Gibbons finally finds his motivation to say no more by losing his motivation completely! Instead, he decides to throw all cares out the window, but quickly finds himself somehow being promoted.
Get the inspiration to get out of your desk job and start your own business. These films will teach you that it’s alright to fail trying, and how everyone has had a get back up moment. After all, we’re all on the pursuit for happyness and success.
To read the full article, click here.
If you found this interesting, you might also enjoy some of these posts: