Notice anything different? Today, we’ve updated Phone Swipe for all iPad and iPhone users. Release 2.0.10 includes several updates, and a nice refresh of the user interface. Other improvements are:
iPad and iPhone
- Reduced syncing time of your merchant data.
- Improved data migration. If you get an error, you can now simply sign back info the app to recover all data.
- The ability to print receipts via Bluetooth.
- Various bug fixes.
- During checkout, you can now simply swipe the card or enter card information manually. The new “Quick Cash” button expedites cash payments by rounding up totals to whole dollar amounts. You can also select “View Cart” to see items, subtotals, discounts and taxes.
- The signature screen has a new, updated design that focuses on capturing the customer’s signature. If the tip is turned on, your customer can choose from preset amounts or enter a custom tip. They can also select “View Cart” to review the items purchased.
- There are new receipt options. You can now capture your customer’s information and select whether or not you’d like to email them a receipt, or print a receipt. You can also select “No Receipt” to finish the transaction.
- Similar to the iPad version, you can now simply swipe the card or enter the card information manually. There is a new “Quick Cash” button to expedite cash payments by rounding up totals to whole dollar amounts.
With this update, you must be running iOS 7 or higher in order to use Phone Swipe. The app will not work on iOS 6.
Please email any comments or suggestions to email@example.com, or call 877-387-5629