It’s almost that time of year and if you aren’t already, you will soon be preparing for the 2014 holiday shopping season. CMO recently published an article with several stats about the upcoming season and what businesses can expect. Here are the first 5 crazy stats of the 2014 holiday shopping season:
1. U.S. retail e-commerce will grow 16.6 percent this holiday season, up from last year’s 15.3 percent rise.
2. Eighty-four percent of shoppers use digital tools before and during their trips to a store, and those shoppers convert at a 40 percent higher rate than those who do not use such devices during their shopping journeys.
3. A whopping 101.7 million consumers in the U.S. will make purchases via their mobile devices this holiday season, a 37.3 percent growth from last year.
4. By November, mobile will account for more than 20 percent of site sales and more than 43 percent of site traffic, up from last year as well as earlier this year.
5. As much as 40 percent of annual sales are concentrated in the last two months of the year.
To see 10 more stats about holiday shopping from CMO, click here.